Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Garage Sale Commandos

Saturday I was invited to go garage saleing in Anchorage with my friend Bridget and her MIL Mimi. I was reluctant to accept the invitation since I calculated I would have to get up at 4:30 am. A little voice of insanity kept saying YES!! inside my head so I finally committed.
Just like the little kid on the disney commercial I was "too excited to sleep" and awake at 3 am. I got up at 4, showered, dressed and even managed to blog before heading out for my grand adventure.
I found my way to their house on time and have a quick tour of Bridget craft space and then we were on our way. It was amazing. These ladies do not garage sale. They are garage sale COMMANDOS!! The army's got nothing on these babes. Bridget was the get away car driver, while Mimi expertly navigated from the backseat and I'm sure at some point we were in another state like Ohio or Indiana and still made it back home by 7pm.
Their motto: go hard or go home and we went like crazy for 11 hours. Non stop. Well, we did go home for a pit stop and unload the car and zoom, we were off again. I found stuff I was looking for and stuff I didn't even know I needed until I saw it. Treasures!! I even found the cutest funky old chair for my studio and it was FREE!!! I got a little drawer thing for my studio that I really needed for just 5 bucks!! Before it was over we had crammed the car FULL with all our goodies. And then...Bridget asked me if I wanted to stop at Michaels...she must have known I had a coupon burning a hole in my pocket!! BLISS!!
I had the best girl date ever with these two!! It was so much fun hitting all the garage sales but my real treasure was spending the day with Bridget and Mimi! They made my day with all their kindness and consideration. I came home exhausted and grinning the biggest, happiest smile as I unloaded my loot!! Thank you guys!! You are awesome!!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Haha! Jackie you crack me up! Garage sale commandos indeed. I've never heard that before!
Thanks for bloggin about us though! I'm so glad you had fun!
B

Melinda said...

That would have been so much fun... I love to garage sale... Sounds like my kind of girls...