Thursday, June 24, 2010

Welcome Home

Last week Mr. Bob came home after working out of town for awhile. I have to confess there were a FEW good things about being a bachelorette for a while.

Like..

  1. I didn't make the bed the entire time he was gone! Instead I made a cozy nest filled with books and notebooks (to jot down any juicy creative ideas I might get before I forgot them in 30 seconds or less)...it was decadent and scandalous!
  2. I made all kinds of weird and wonderful tofu and veggie delights. No meat and potatoes and no one to complain about it.

  3. I spread my beads and jewelry STUFF all over the dining room table and left the mess for days...sigh...creative messiness at it's best!!

  4. And....nope, that's it.

FINALLY... after 12 long days he was on his way home. I cleaned and fussed to make our home lovely again. I went to JoAnn's and bought an enormous spool of yellow ribbon. I tried to make a bow...I went to the flower shop and PAID the nice lady to make a PRETTY bow. I came home and tried to tie the bow around the old birch tree (note to self...this won't work without REALLY long arms or another person !) I stapled bow to old birch tree (sorry Mr. Tree) and waited with butterflies in my tummy for my husband of almost thirty years to come home.

Welcome Home Mr. Bob!! I missed you!

hugs, j

1 comment:

lori miller vintage design co said...

j I had to come visit after such a sweet comment was left on my doorstep.

every post ... amazing! I love the fact that I trump Hawaii. I hope all your fellow Alaska neighbors enjoy the blog also.

I do hope some day that you can come visit their is much to see in that old Barn. I will never forget the day a van load of fellow blog followers from upper Michigan stopped in. I was still at the store but we were closed. After seeing their cute faces peering through the windows and hearing about the drive down I of course let them in. 3 and 1/2 hours later they left with a van full of goodies and we have been friends ever since. They come down and see me 4 times a year now and I love there visits.

I'm getting the store ready for Christmas....I can't wait to show you those photos

peace
Lori