Friday, May 23, 2008

Four Letter Words

I love four letter words...oh no, not THOSE ones! Not the ones you blurt out when you stub your toe or as in my case smack my elbow. The good ones...the everyday four letter words...the words we need more of.



#1...HOPE...Probably my favorite four letter word. I believe in hope. I have a garden of Hope. My husband and I built the garden together after a difficult time in our lives. Now in early spring I watch and hope as the plants come back to life after a long, cold winter. Hope can make miracles happen.

#2...LOVE...I believe in love. I believe that when everything else has turned to stardust...the love is the only thing that mattered. I love a lot. I don't usually like something...I LOVE it! Why bother being lukewarm! I love truly, madly, deeply. Passionately. I love my husband...I love my kids...I love my dog...I love life. I also wear my heart on my sleeve and get my feelers hurt more easily than I like. When I get hurt, I have a tendency to curl inward to protect my heart. I was feeling this way regarding some family drama when I received this email from The Universe...

"You were born to love, no matter the cost, no matter what someone else said, and no matter how the past once played out."

Wow! Did I need that! This is one of my lessons on my journey. Let go of the past. Don't focus on "them". Be me and not let anything or anyone else define who I am and what I believe in.

#3...LIFE...WoooooHooooo! Big, fat, juicy, delicious life! Every day is ripe with possibilities, happy accidents and miracles! I LOVE it!! I am thankful for it! I am excited to practice dreaming big, letting go of limits and being grateful for everything!

#4...FREE...Oh, I LOVE this one too!....I love waking up and being free to create a wonderful day. My work is my play and my play is my work. I am so thrilled to be able to share this "free" time with husband now that he is retired. We work/play harder than ever and we love it!!
I LOVE "free" stuff too! Hand-me-downs, coupons, road kill. My daughter and I found a $100 bill blowing down the highway once. I swear it! I imagine that some happy soul committed a random act of happy and we were the lucky recipients. I dream of having abundance enough to do this on a grand scale! In the meantime, we are known for sharing what we no longer need with a "FREE" sign at the end of our driveway. It is such a lovely little way to share the happy!

No comments: